Goa is a place that is mostly visited by people during the summers. The Beaches in Goa attract tourists extensively. The nightclubs, shacks on Goan beaches, the historical architectures of Goa, the water sports and activities in Goa attract people from all across the Globe. The number of tourists visiting Goa is at the peak from October to May. However, during monsoon season there is a substantial decrease in the number of tourists visiting Goa due to the rains. Visiting Goa during the rainy season has its own perks and benefits. There are Goa Monsoon Packages available with seawater sports that can help you explore the best places to visit Goa in monsoon.so it’s time for you to say goodbye to the misconception that Goa isn’t worth visiting during monsoon and plan your itinerary to Goa at the earliest. Below, we are going to discuss the advantages of visiting Goa during the rainy season that stills remains unknown to many tourists.
Goa is such a marvelous destination that attracts people of all age group. Millions of people visit Goa every year. There are multiple things to do in Goa during Monsoon. Among the various activities Goa offers during monsoon, Cruise ride very popular and people love doing it. Viewing the age-old Goa and knowing the history behind it is very amazing. Here are some of the activities included with the Monsoon Adventure Cruise in Goa.
During Monsoon in Goa, you can relish the intoxicating fragrance of wet mud, hear the refreshing sounds of rains and treat your eyes with the lush green surroundings. Deep inside the jungles, you will find the peacocks dancing. Rains usher in a sense of romance and compel you to plan a leisure trip to some unseen destination. One just can’t resist going out! So guys don’t hold yourselves rather make a travel plan with your family and friends and hail ‘barso re Megha barso’!
- Travel cheap- The ticket price to Goa are really cheap during the monsoon season. Since not many people travel to Goa because of the rainy season, there is a massive decrease in the amount of airfare. The rates of the tickets are reduced to almost half as compared to the rates during the peak season.
- Accommodation at a discounted price- if you happen to visit Goa during the rainy season, you will find good accommodation at a very low price. The prices even drop by 50% during the off-season.
- Peaceful and less crowded beaches are one of the major perks of visiting goa during the rainy season.
- Visiting the majestic waterfalls during the monsoon season is heavenly feeling. There is nothing better than witnessing the nature and its divine beauty. The water gushing from the waterfalls during the monsoon season is a sight one must witness.
- Try the famous Goan fish curry. Yes, you would surely get this special Goan dish at any time of the year but the fishes during monsoon are fresh. This delicious cuisine of Goa is sure to relish your taste buds.
- The haunting beauty of the well-known Chapora fort and Vagator beach makes it one of the best places to visit Goa . This place offers some of the picturesque views, that is worth witnessing
- The storms and the rains in Goa during monsoon can be quite dramatic to watch. You can always opt to rent a two-wheeler at a very low price and explore the local heritage of Goa with utmost ease. The cloudy weather of Goa during the monsoons make it an ideal climate to explore the city with your significant one.
- You can also visit the wildlife sanctuary and give a treat to your eyes by observing various animals and birds.
- You can watch or even participate in the local Goan festivals like fertility feast of SaoJao, the festival of St. Peter that is held in the month of July and is celebrated with the help of a lot of cultural programmes.
- We all know that alcohol in Goa is cheaper as compared to any other Indian state, but during monsoon, its prices decrease further.
- Lush green surroundings, cloudy climate, peaceful beaches and less crowd are some of the major perks of traveling to Goa during the monsoons.
- You can indulge in white water rafting. It takes place on the Mhadei river from the month of June to September. It costs around Rs.1800/- per person. The charges would include your transportation cost too. It Is a thrilling activity and every individual visiting Goa during monsoon should surely try this. After you are done with trying all the water activities during the peak season, it’s time for you to indulge into river rafter during the rainy season.
- You can also involve in various treks organized by the GTDC. Explore the wildlife and lesser-known waterfalls of Goa.
- In the month of June, at Calangute beach, you can be a part of the beachside party.
- You can also celebrate world Goa day during monsoons. It is a festival that celebrates the tradition, music, and cuisine of Goa.
- You can also pay a visit to the spice plantation in Goa. There are a lot of spice plantations in Goa. They are most beautiful during the monsoon season. See how they grow cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, pepper, ginger, and cardamom. There are Savoi Plantations, which is one of the best. Also, visit a cashew distillery and enjoy the traditional Goan Saraswat meal.
- Monsoon is the best time for photography lovers. You will come across various scenic views that you would love to capture in your camera. So if photography is your list of hobbies, visit Goa during monsoons.
- An ideal place to rejuvenate, you can enjoy a peaceful time here. Yoga, Ayurveda and spa experience here will make you want to visit this place again.
- Adventure boat trip is a good idea to try in Goa in monsoon.
- If you love shopping, visiting Goa at any time of the year would be a perfect choice for you. The road leading to Candolim has lots of shops and stalls where you can purchase funky outfits and local gifts.
- The Aguada fort, Se cathedral church, the church of St. Alex are few Goa destinations you could visit and enjoy your time in Goa.
CRAB CATCHING AND FISHING IN GOA
Just take a break from water sports and indulge in crab catching and fishing in Goa. The activity here starts sharply at 3 pm and ends at 8 pm. The chances of crab catching are increased during high-tide, traps are usually set-up at that time. Crab catching in Goa is done with the help of handmade traps called “Cobllem” which circular metal ring hung through nylon net.
Now get comfortable in a boat and get set to experience the fishing in Goa. You just have to arrive at the beach, hop into the cruise and start this activity. Fishing needs lots of patience. Viewing the panoramic view while fishing is just an awesome feeling.
Sightseeing is also involved in the monsoon adventure cruise in Goa. This activity is loved by many tourists. The popular landmarks of Goa like Legislative Assembly, The Adilshah Palace, Mandovi bridge, Reis Magos Fort, etc are included in Sightseeing. Mangroves sightseeing is available for the one who loves nature. Just grab this opportunity. The sound of small marine species splashing in water will be amazing. Mangroves sightseeing in Goa offers peace tranquility beyond your imagination. You will get a spectacular opportunity for capturing nature.
Therein Cruise, you will be offered soft drinks, 3 pints of beer and mineral water. You will also get snacks and lunch in veg and non-veg.
The Cruise tour in Goa will be of 3 hours. There are 2 slots available – 9:30- 12:30 and 2:30- 5:30. Please carry your swimwear, shorts and T-shirts and a towel. Sunscreen, hat, and sunglasses are also needed.
You might have probably heard it a thousand times from people around you that Goa isn’t a place to visit during Monsoon. However, it is just a myth and we have provided you enough reason to explore Goa tourist places with the help of Goa Tour Packages provided to you by Sea Water Sports.
Just take off your time and BOOK NOW for the marvelous monsoon adventure Cruise trip in Goa.